EarthCube Research Coordination Network Workshop - Advancing the Analysis of High Resolution Topography (A2 HRT)
August 21-24, 2018
Omni Interlocken Hotel, Broomfield, CO
- Trial version is good for 30 days. Requires you to create an account
- PIVlab requires the Image Processing toolbox so select the Image Processing and Computer Vision package for download
- Download the zip file (not the toolbox) and unzip
- Install the app (PIVlab.mlappinstall file) in MATLAB (APPS -> Install App)
3. CloudCompare: https://www.danielgm.net/cc/
- Download and install the newest version available for your computer under the download tab.
Cloud-to-cloud (ICP) change detection (Chelsea Scott)
Topographic differencing: Earthquake along the Wasatch fault exercise:
Kumamoto Earthquake ICP differencing:
- Scott et al, 2018, The M7 2016 Kumamoto, Japan, Earthquake: 3-D Deformation Along the Fault and Within the Damage Zone Constrained From Differential Lidar Topography
- Nissen et al., 2014, Coseismic fault zone deformation revealed with differential lidar: Examples from Japanese Mw ∼7 intraplate earthquakes
- Nissen et al., 2012, Three-dimensional surface displacements and rotationsfrom differencing pre- and post-earthquake LiDAR point clouds
Particle imaging velocimetry (PIV) change detection (Craig Glennie):
- Aryal A, Brooks BA, Reid ME, Bawden GW, Pawlak GR. Displacement fields from point cloud data: Application of particle imaging velocimetry to landslide geodesy. Journal of Geophysical Research: Earth Surface. 2012;117(F1):F01029.
- Telling J, Glennie C, Fountain A, Finnegan D. Analyzing Glacier Surface Motion Using LiDAR Data. Remote Sensing. 2017;9(3):283. PubMed PMID: doi:10.3390/rs9030283.